Headquarters: Seattle, WA
We’ve been at it for several years, and have grown our WordPress websites to millions of visitors per year, without ever having a consistent developer on the team.
We aren’t quite ready for a full time developer in-house, but we are past the point of needing consistent part-time support.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a trusted WordPress Developer to maintain existing websites and work on a wide range of new projects. This is a perfect opportunity if you love working with WordPress, are good with front-end development, and want a consistent partnership with flexibility and growth potential.
If you’re an experienced WordPress Developer looking for something consistent that pays well, but you aren’t quite in a place to jump to a full time position, this is the perfect partnership for you.
We are not looking for a firm or agency. It’s important to have an individual developer that we are able to work directly with.
Here’s what to expect
- We’ll need someone that is consistent, flexible, and has at least 20 hours per week of availability. You’ll be our only development resource, so we’ll need to be able to count on you.
- You’ll maintain our existing websites by keeping up with plugins, site integrations, and security updates.
- You’ll partner with our Growth Team to implement new design and ux experiments. This will be a lot of front-end development work. There will be a consistent flow of small projects that come from this.
- We’re an SEO-centric company, so website performance in the eyes of Google is important to us. Optimizing WordPress Themes should be something you have experience with and are comfortable committing to.
- While there’s currently a lot of gaps, we are committed to accessibility across all of our websites and content. The implementation of many of these kinds of projects will be something we need your help with.
- Taking a fresh site design and turning it into a custom WordPress Theme is something you should be comfortable with.
- There’s numerous opportunities for drastically improving our content production process by customizing WordPress themes to our workflows.
- We’ll work with you on a project-by-project basis, with an understanding that there will be a consistent flow of projects coming your way based on the context provided in many of the other bullets above. The volume of projects will vary based on many factors, but primarily will be built around your schedule and availability.
- We’ll agree to a set monthly flat rate that will be based on a general estimated number of hours per week that fits into your schedule. Those hours can be flexible and we can adjust accordingly. The goal is to make the arrangement easy for you, and provide a partnership that is consistent and sustainable.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (and cover letter if you choose to include one) to email@example.com. In the email body, please answer the following:
- Where did you find our job listing?
- LinkedIn Profile URL:
- What are you looking for in your next role?
- What is it about this role that drove you to apply? Why do you think it would be a good fit for you?
- What hesitations do you have regarding this role or our company?
- Would you be comfortable completing a paid test project that would require you to invest a few hours of your time?
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/stone-press-contract-wordpress-developer