Headquarters: St. Louis, MO
The engineering team at Matchbox develops custom WordPress and Laravel applications, integrations, plugins and websites. We pride ourselves on our ability to solve complex and unique problems for our clients using modern development tools and workflows.
Additionally, the engineering team hosts, maintains and provides client support for over 100 active WordPress and Laravel websites.
We're looking for a Sr. Full-stack Developer to join our fully-remote team.
This position is:
- Full-time (~35 hrs/wk)
- Fully remote
- W-2 based employment
- Team focused
Full-Stack Engineers at Matchbox build our client’s websites and applications using modern development and CI/CD approaches. They work together with producers, designers, support engineers and frontend engineers to solve common goals, complete project requirements, maintain environments and squash bugs.
Other commonly used names for this role may include Web Developer, WordPress Developer, PHP Developer, Web App Developer, and Full-stack Developer.
- You have 4+ years of experience in a full-stack (or similar) engineering role.
- You have 8+ years of experience building and launching PHP-based websites in a professional environment.
- Within the last 5 years, you have worked at one company for at least 2 years.
- You possess strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- You possess expert debugging skills.
- You have advanced experience with Terminal.
- You have advanced experience with task runners like Webpack.
- You have advanced experience using CSS Preprocessors like SASS or LESS.
- You have advanced experience resolving accessibility issues.
- You have experience implementing a CI/CD pipeline (linters, automated tests, deployments)
- You have a basic understanding of SEO principles and how to implement them.
- You can clearly and concisely communicate complex technical, architectural, or organizational problems and propose specific iterative solutions through written and verbal communication.
- You can write documentation for processes or features that are undocumented.
- You have 2+ years of experience developing with WordPress or you’re proficient in working with an MVC framework such as Laravel.
- Develop features and improvements for our client’s sites and applications in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Work with Producers and other stakeholders (Frontend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features within existing sites and applications.
- Work with Producers and other stakeholders (Frontend, UX, etc.) to develop new websites and applications based on design comps and functional requirements.
- Work with the Engineering team to solve complex issues for our clients.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- Learn, collaborate and teach other Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests in Asana and GitLab.
- Create or update documentation based on features you develop.
- Assist in the remediation of accessibility issues for our clients
- Assist in functional testing of merge requests
- Conduct code reviews of peer merge requests
- Assist with task detailing
- Estimate and track the time required to complete tasks
- Proof/test your code to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Work alongside Engineering Managers to define and shape project goals, roadmaps, priorities, and strategies based on your experience.
- Continually research and learn the current and future best practices of using WordPress, Laravel, and our development tools.
- Contribute to and follow our workflow process, alongside the rest of the Frontend Engineers
- Participate in our hiring processes by reviewing applications and assessments and conducting interviews.
- Suggest and implement improvements to development workflows.
- Help identify areas of improvement in the code base, both specific to your group and outside your group (e.g. component library) and help make it better.
- Attend and contribute to Sprint Planning meetings.
- Advocate for improvements to quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across your team.
- Write project requirements.
- Guide the technical direction of the Engineering team.
- Outline project build methods and EPICs to ensure project pipeline efficiency.
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity for your team.
- Exert influence on the overall vision and long-range goals of your team.
- Help define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- Drive innovation on the team with a willingness to experiment and boldly confront problems of immense complexity and scope
- Proactively seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions that will enable the entire team to iterate faster.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers.
- Consistently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/matchbox-design-group-senior-web-developer