Headquarters: Rockville, MD
CommunicateHealth is a growing health communication firm with a passion for health literacy and human-centered design. Our mission is to improve lives by designing health information that’s easy to understand and use. CommunicateHealth team members are committed to this mission — and to helping each other do big things every day. Together, we create inspiring solutions that transform the way people think about health.
You are an experienced Drupal DevOps developer with a proven interest in developing accessible, easy-to-use web-based applications and tools. You are proficient in Drupal 9 development, including site building, configuration management, theming, and command line use of Drush and Drupal Console. You are experienced with building and configuring Linux-based environments in AWS for hosting Drupal instances. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback, and have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. You care about making health information easier to understand and use.
What you'll do
- Develop reusable interactive web-based tools, mobile apps, and consumer-facing websites that follow component based design.
- Build and manage Drupal instances in Linux-based environments.
- Set technical direction for websites and applications, working with an interdisciplinary internal team and external clients.
- Make recommendations for technical solutions based on knowledge of accessibility, performance, and SEO best practices.
- Communicate recommendations and document requirements clearly (verbally and in writing) with internal staff, non-technical clients, and technical partners.
- Test and validate code changes, and document testing and validation process.
- Conduct complex technical audits of websites and digital applications.
- At least 3 years of experience with Drupal, including authoring in:
- CSS including SCSS
- At least 2 years of experience with building, configuring, and managing Linux-environments
- At least 2 years of experience with building, configuring, and managing AWS resource management
- Solid experience with Git
- Demonstrable experience with Drupal 9
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience managing deployments across multiple development environments
- Experience using and managing local development environments
- Experience researching, evaluating, installing, and using community-contributed modules
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel (1-2 times per year to DC)
- Ability to pass a Tier 4 U.S. federal government investigation to obtain U.S. government credentials/badge
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees. We proactively seek out diverse perspectives and apply them to strengthen our work and our employee experience.
At CommunicateHealth, we acknowledge that our employees are the best and brightest, and we want to compensate you accordingly!
- Open paid time off policy
- 401K with 3% company match
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (CH pays 85% for individuals and 80% for families and couples)
- Parking and commuter reimbursement (Rockville office)
- Up to 6 weeks paid parental leave (up to 6 additional weeks of unpaid leave) and flexible schedules for working parents
- Life insurance base plan of $50,000
A healthy social and emotional work environment
- Flexible schedules, including Summer Fridays
- Weekly all-staff Creative Time
- Standing desks
- Gym membership reimbursement (included with company-sponsored health insurance plan)
Personal and professional development and training
- $1,500+ of professional development annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company support for applying to and presenting at professional conferences
- Individual coaching and mentoring, including access to CH principals
- Pro-bono and community work that align with the CH mission
- Company-sponsored trainings throughout the year
- Compensation range: $81,000 - $117,500
*As federal contractors, all employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
**This position requires physical presence in the United States. Candidates must reside in the United States to be eligible.