Snappy Kraken is the marketing program leader in the financial services industry and voted Best Place to Work in FinTech for 4-years in a row. Our Automated Growth Program helps transform financial advisory businesses through purpose-driven content, easy automation, and world-class support. Our culture is intentionally designed to bring out the best in each team member so that we can continually achieve our growth and revenue potential. Every new person we add to our team helps raise the bar of what we can accomplish together. How can you contribute?
The Purpose of This Role
Snappy Kraken is looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to join our product development team working on our Drupal-based content management system. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems which will directly improve our client experience. If you enjoy growing your technical skills and working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is a great place for you.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Custom programming and web application development for Drupal 9
- Analyze, design, develop, as well as implement RESTful services and APIs
- Ability and confidence to pick up any technical concept to get the job done
- Participate in application architecture design
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and according to specifications
- Work with other team members to specify, update, and prioritize software system requirements according to business objectives
- Has 7+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience with Drupal
- Experience with Drupal 8/9
- Experienced in developing REST APIs
- At least 2+ years of experience in developing APIs
- Proven ability to build custom Drupal modules
- Expertise working with git, or related workflows, for source control management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex web/system issues
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other grow
- Proactively recommends initiatives to improve our engineering technologies and culture.
- Deep understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Strong interdepartmental communication and ability to work with a team
Essential Qualities for Remote Team Members
Having a distributed team allows us to do great work with amazing people, who not only deliver tons of value, but who also find the process itself deeply satisfying. Remote team members have the freedom to choose their place to work. The key to success is making good things happen consistently as a leader in your area of expertise. There must be mutual trust among team members to get work done right and on time. The ideal candidate will have successful experience producing in a virtual environment and these natural characteristics:
- Productive working independently and on a team
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and stay organized
- Attentive to the internal organizational structure
- Computer literate and tech-savvy
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing
- Emotional intelligence
- Achieve and own results of your work
Working remotely for Snappy Kraken requires that each team member independently obtains and maintains their own proper working environment, fully equipped with all needed furniture and supplies, including but not limited to stable high-speed internet. The chosen work environment must be clean and free of distractions or noises that may inhibit the ability to provide the functions described in this job description.
New hires must complete a 90-day probationary period. During this time, a new hire will receive training to help them get acquainted with the role, our culture, and learn how to properly execute job functions. An employment relationship may continue if it’s a good fit for everyone, based on the new hire’s alignment with Snappy Kraken values, performance evaluation of specific milestones, accessibility, and communication.
As a remote company, it is critical to remember that our contributions and teams are interconnected and accessibility is the expectation. Availability during standard East Coast business hours, or as scheduled, for client inquiries, team calls, and video chats is expected.
We believe every team member of Snappy Kraken can reach their maximum potential. We are intent on alignment around Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs), addressing obstacles and opportunities openly and honestly, and regular reporting and tracking of development. Continuously refining values, skills, and knowledge is fundamental to future growth opportunities.
About Snappy Kraken
Snappy Kraken is a transformative Automated Growth Program for financial advisors, built on the exclusive Cold to Gold framework. Advisors take what they’re already naturally good at online with the content, automation, and support they need to GROW!
Perks & Benefits
- Work Remotely
- Personal Days for when you need a break (on top of your regular vacation)
- Education Fund to help you grow
- Stipend to get you set up working from home
- Medical Insurance Options
- Parental/Maternity Leave
At Snappy Kraken, diversity powers meaningful connections, impactful work, and great outcomes. Our culture of diversity and inclusion means we nurture an environment where each team member can do their best work.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/snappy-kraken-sr-drupal-developer