Headquarters: Brooklyn, NY
Madeo is a digital creative agency with a focus on social impact. We are an inclusive and diverse team of strategists, designers, and engineers. We value mission-driven work that relies on empathy, analytical thinking, and collaboration.
Some of our clients include Innocence Project, the Equal Justice Initiative, STOP Tobacco, Echoing Green, AFSC, and Girls Leadership.
- Demonstrated experience developing websites in Drupal or WordPress.
- Strong experience with version control Git and REST API integrations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in working directly with clients via zoom, Email, and slack to plan, scope, investigate issues and address questions on behalf of more engineers on the team.
- Experience with developing websites in both WordPress (Gutenberg) and Drupal.
- Experience with configuring and deploying websites in Amazon AWS.
- Experience with Salesforce API integration.
- Interest in technical research and advancement of the field.
Your role & responsibilities
We are a remote-first collaborative team that invests heavily in learning, career development, and supporting one another. Depending on your level of expertise, you may support or lead some of these responsibilities in collaboration with other Madeo engineers, designers, strategists, and project managers:
- Work with 6+ engineers and other team members on researching and scoping client requirements for new website projects
- Investigate and test content migration from the client’s existing CMS to the new website’s decided CMS and version
- Work with other team members on defining CMS features for a client website
- Develop and integrate static (front-end) pages and features with the CMS
- Integrate defined third-party API tools with the website (e.g. Mailchimp, Salesforce, Formstack..etc.)
- Carry out initial Quality Assurance testing for your own work and others
- Contribute to CMS and technical documentation for client teams
- Help deploy the new website within the client hosting
- Take the lead on post-launch support requests, working with other engineers on resolving reported issues, carrying out updates and improvements
- Participate in team-wide side projects, research initiatives, and learning opportunities
- A work culture that supports collaboration, learning, and growth
- 100% remote work supported with office available only as a resource
- Flexible and generous vacation and personal days in addition to national holidays
- Discretionary annual bonuses
- Please see the application for additional salary and benefit information