Headquarters: Public Knowledge Project, VPRI, SFU
In this role, you will be able to work anywhere in the world during the hours that work best for you (apart from regularly scheduled team meetings). PKP aims to build a diverse, inclusive team that reflects our global community of users and welcomes applications from marginalized communities and those beyond our institutional home in Canada and North America. You will have opportunities to travel, participate in conferences and workshops, and interact with a growing international community of users in the academic, software development, and publishing worlds. This is a fixed-term contract with a probationary period and good potential for continuing work. Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with git
Additional consideration will be given to candidates for:
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony.
- Experience with Linux, Nginx, Apache, and Docker.
- Experience with GitHub or GitLab.
- Experience with task automation through scripting.
- Experience with PKP software or a large, open source project.
- Enthusiasm for “open”, including open access, standards, and data.
- Experience with remote work in a small, distributed team.
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
Interested applicants should provide the following:
- cover letter
- resume with two references
- code samples via links to public code repositories
Please send the above as a PDF attachment to Michael Felczak, Head of Systems, via email@example.com
with the subject “Systems Developer Position”.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/public-knowledge-project-systems-developer