Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Full Stack WordPress Developer
Solve complex problems while collaborating with an awesome development team working on innovative and large-scale WordPress installations.
We are also looking for a developer who has worked extensively with WordPress Gutenberg block system, templates, and custom plugins. We want someone who can dive into both the front-end composition of a WordPress site and take it to the next level while handling the backend
A strong knowledge of WordPress plugin architecture and how WordPress organizes data is preferred. The ideal candidate can also find a needle in a haystack and be able to follow processes when troubleshooting website issues. You know when to check the error logs and when to check the Git repos for uncommitted changes.
Ways you work:
You should have a desire to work behind the scenes with a team to get things done. You like to see a large project through from start to finish. You need to be up to speed and knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress.
You also take pride in how you communicate with others. You can explain a technical issue or function in a way that someone who isn't a developer can digest. You recognize the importance of asking for help and having code reviews, both to help yourself and others on the team.
We want you to be as excited and as passionate as we are about what we are creating with the platform.
Required Professional Skills:
- Attention to Detail - You must be naturally precise, and you must take genuine, personal pride in being meticulous about your craft.
- Project Management communication - will communicate clearly to let Project Managers and/or the Lead Web Developer know that work has been completed or if you have a question.
- Collaboration - Collaborate with the project strategist and senior backend developers to articulate the best technological solution for the problem at hand. You enjoy working with others in an environment that balances team-wide communication with independent work.
- Communication - Our operational style emphasizes flexibility and encourages autonomy. As a result, uncommonly good common sense, and exceptional communication skills are indispensable for every team member.
- Time Management - We know that nothing is ever ‘done'. The proven ability to manage your time sensibly and proportionately with project priorities is critical.
- Analyst - Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure technical feasibility and point out potential issues.
- Architect - Architect and develop new backend features and plugins, custom functionality, and theme integration as needed.
- Quality - Write high quality code with readability, efficiency, and maintainability in mind.
- Develop - Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications. Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns.
- Developing custom solutions using the WordPress framework
- Overseeing and executing the implementation of new feature requests
- Advising on and supporting WordPress best practices
- Working with project managers to help understand the technical aspects of the work and to help estimate effort
- Reviewing code and pull requests from other developers
- Setting up code repositories and remote development installations
- Continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Coordinating releases with partner IT groups
- Helping other developers and asking for help from other developers
General experience required:
- 5+ years' experience working as a backend web developer on production sites
- 3+ years' experience working on WordPress sites
- Experience implementing complex WordPress solutions
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision is a must
- Experience writing code with a focus on security and performance
- Experience working with at least one automated testing framework
- Demonstrated experience developing on the WordPress platform (for example, one or more of: Solid experience with WordPress methods and development patterns, Gutenberg blocks, handling data securely within WordPress, plugin development, or leveraging the REST API)
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (i.e., seeing a project through from spec to completion)
- Experience working in an agency and/or as a contractor
Ideal Front-End Experience:
Ideal Back-End Experience:
- APIs and Web Services - Experience working with APIs, and creating and consuming web services, using SOAP and REST protocols.
- XML - Understand how to properly structure and use XML for transferring data.
Pay range is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Our comprehensive benefits include
Paid time off
Professional development reimbursement
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/lone-rock-point-full-stack-wordpress-developer